Find us on facebook
Latest Reviews – Cinema
Latest Reviews – DVD
Win Django Unchained on Blu-ray
Who won Life of Pi on Blu-ray?
Who won a deluxe edition of George A Romero’s Knightriders?
Who won the Evil Dead Trilogy and LG Blu-Ray Home Cinema System?
- Thought for the Day from My Big Fat Greek Wedding
- Blu-ray review | Black Sabbath | Boris Karloff’s 1960s trilogy of terror gets the Arrow Video treatment
- DVD review | Curandero: Dawn of the Demon | Robert Rodriguez’s Mexican indie is CSI with an occult twist
- Win Quentin Tarantino Western Django Unchained on Blu-ray!
- Film review | The Great Gatsby – Baz Luhrmann gives Gatsby glitz but true class is missing
Name That Chest
Unforgettable Screen Entrances
- No public Twitter messages.
Rate the Romances
Cinema Top 10
DVD Top 10
Ebuzzing – Top Blog ranking
Tag Archives: Manhattan
“Talent is luck. The important thing in life is courage.” Manhattan (1979) Share this thought for the day on our Movie Talk Facebook page or Movie Talk Twitter stream.
Freddie Highmore, appealing child star of Finding Neverland and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, still has the look of a tender fledgling, but he’s moved into stroppy adolescence with his role in The Art of Getting By, a coming-of-age romantic … Continue reading
A few days ago Movie Talk’s Jason reviewed Woody Allen’s new movie, Whatever Works, and mused over Larry David‘s performance, pondering ‘perhaps only Woody himself can really play ‘Woody’.’ I’ve still to decide on that, as I haven’t yet seen … Continue reading
Star of countless movie and TV appearances, New York City is one of the most filmed locations on the planet. And certainly one of the most beautiful – celluloid loves this city. From its steel and glass canyons to suburban … Continue reading
A human tornado of jealousy, craziness and sensuality, the Oscar-winning Penélope Cruz whirls into Woody Allen’s delightful romantic comedy Vicky Cristina Barcelona – and proceeds to blow everyone else off screen. She doesn’t appear, though, until half the movie has … Continue reading
I purchased a cocktail-making masterclass for my partner’s birthday present this year. What a treat! Unfortunately, however, said class ended up being hogged by a giggling hen party with little interest in the chemistry of cocktail-making, but much interest in … Continue reading
How many times have you found yourself Googling a film’s location because it’s made a place seem incredibly appealing? I recently talked about location appeal (on Saturday in fact) with regards to that pic that paints a picture of a … Continue reading
Bah! It’s that time of the year when I am dragging my tired winter feet over spring’s threshold and humming June is bustin’ out all over just to keep me going. And I start dreaming of festivals. No, not the … Continue reading
1. It marked the peak of Marilyn Monroe’s career and truly shows her off as a great comic actress. 2. It was ahead of its time. The racy story line, men in drag and Marilyn’s revealing costumes were all very … Continue reading